Monday, April 14, 2014

to simply say hello




So to start, I'm Caitlyn. I've been wanting to start a blog for quite some time now and I think it's safe to say that I'm finally ready. There are many things that I enjoy in this world. Im a lover of all things: medicine, science, literature, writing, baking, cooking, traveling, exploring, shopping, running, hiking, and adventure...oh, and I'm a future MD. Having a career path in medicine is a long and challenging journey. But ever since I was a little girl, I knew that I wanted to be a doctor. I remember being 8 years old playing dress up in my moms white coat and using her stethoscope to give annual check ups to all my stuffed bear "patients". I wanted to be just like her. And now here I am, following my passion and living my purpose through medicine.  I am blessed beyond measure to have the support of my family who have held my hand every step of the way. 


And through the midst of this journey of mine, did I mention that I'm a mother? Motherhood is something that came into my life unexpectedly. It has become the ultimate adventure. Charlotte is her name- the one that stole my heart. Charlee, for short. And let me tell you, she brings me the utmost joy and contentment. The happy, joyous moments will inevitably bring obstacles but that's what motherhood is all about, right? Living and experiencing life through the eyes of our beautiful children, and teaching them how to live in our world. I'm hoping that you're here to stay as a write about my journey into medical school and motherhood. I'll be here to share my world with you. 








No comments:

Post a Comment