Friday, August 8, 2014

Progression

I'm a bad blogger. 

But for good reason. 

It's been awhile since I've posted but I have a moment to catch my breath in the midst of my progression into medical school. I just finished finals today in one of my accelerated summer science classes. I'm normally not one to boast but since this is my personal space of my personal life, I'd like to proudly announce that I ended up with an A+ and top of my class. This is significant for me because of the nay-sayers that doubt my capabilities of getting into and through medical school. It's also significant because of how hard I worked to earn that A+. School and single motherhood is HARD. Anyone who says otherwise is definitely lying. Or crazy. Maybe a little bit of both. It's tough to find a balance. I've found that when your priorities are where they should be, everything else will fall into place. 

As a senior, things are starting to become real to me. There's that light at the end of the tunnel that everyone talks about but you don't ever really believe that it's real until you're there. And though it's not officially the end, I'm incredibly proud of tough classes that I've conquered throughout the past few years. It's makes all of the blood, sweat, and tears worth it. 

Okay, maybe not the blood. 



Here's my celebratory selfie

And an ever bigger celebratory selfie with my little bear 






Until next time

Caitlyn  

1 comment:

  1. I am a single mom going to school to get an MD and I am so happy that I came across your Mommy MD board on Pinterest and your blog to officially know that there is at least one more person in the same situation as I am. I hope you blow everyone out of the water. Good job on the A+!
    -Kailie

    ReplyDelete